Hey! I am Ruijie Meng, currently a PhD candidate in School of Computing at National University of Singapore (NUS), and fortunate to be advised by Prof. Abhik Roychoudhury and Prof. Ilya Sergey. Previously, I studied as an exam-exempted master student in Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences (ISCAS) under the supervision of Prof. Yan Cai. I obtained my bachelor's degree from Tianjin University (TJU).
My research interests fall in program analysis and testing. The current research focuses on combining fuzzing and verification to expose security vulnerabilities in real-world complex software applications.
My resume can be found here.
Ph.D. Candidate, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Major: Computer Science, School of Computing
- GPA: 4.83/5
M.Eng., University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
- Major: Software Engineering, State Key Laboratory of Computer Science, Institute of Software Chinese Academy of Sciences
- GPA: 3.81/4 (Ranking: 1/102)
B.Eng., Tianjin University, Tianjin, China
- Major: Software Engineering, School of Computer Software
- GPA: 3.79/4 (Ranking: 3/113)
B.Ec., Nankai University, Tianjin, China
- Minor: Finance, School of Finance
Linear-time Temporal Logic guided Greybox FuzzingRuijie Meng, Zhen Dong, Jialin Li, Ivan Beschastnikh, Abhik Roychoudhury ACM/IEEE 44th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), 2022. [paper] [doi] [slides] [code]
Low-Overhead Deadlock PredictionYan Cai*, Ruijie Meng*, Jens Palsberg (*co-first author) ACM/IEEE 42nd International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), 2020.
ConVul: An Effective Tool for Detecting Concurrency VulnerabilitiesRuijie Meng, Biyun Zhu, Hao Yun, Haicheng Li, Yan Cai, Zijiang Yang ACM/IEEE 34th International Conference on Automated Software Engineering Tool (ASE), 2019.
Detecting Concurrency Memory Corruption VulnerabilitiesYan Cai, Biyun Zhu, Ruijie Meng, Hao Yun, Liang He, Purui Su, Bin Liang ACM 27th European Software Engineering Conference/Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (ESEC/FSE), 2019.
ConRS: A Requests Scheduling Framework for Increasing Concurrency Degree of Server ProgramsBiyun Zhu, Ruijie Meng, Zhenyu Zhang, W.K.Chan IEEE 43rd International Computer Software and Applications Conference (COMPSAC), 2019.
Our tools have found several security-critical vulnerabilties in open-source projects. We were assigned the following CVEs:
CVE-2021-38311, CVE-2021-38386, CVE-2021-38387, CVE-2021-40523,
CVE-2021-42141, CVE-2021-42142, CVE-2021-42143, CVE-2021-42144,
CVE-2021-42145, CVE-2021-42146, CVE-2021-42147
- CS5219 - Automated Software Validation, NUS (AY 2022/2023, Semester 1), Tutor
- CS2040 - Data Structures and Algorithms, NUS (AY 2021/2022, Semester 2), Teaching Assistant
- CS2040S - Data Structures and Algorithms, NUS (AY 2021/2022, Semester 1), Teaching Assistant
Selected Honors and Awards
- NUS President's Graduate Fellowship, 2020 - 2024
- Outstanding Graduate of Beijing (Top 1% got the awards), 2020
- Outstanding Graduate of University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (Top 1% got the awards), 2020
- President's Fellowship of University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (Top 1% got the awards), 2020
- National Scholarship of China (Top 2% got the awards), 2019
- ACM SIGAI Scholarship, 2019
- ACM SIGSOFT CAPS Fund, 2019
- The First Price Scholarship of University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (Top 10% got the awards), 2018 and 2019
- Outstanding Graduate of Tianjin University (Top 10% got the awards), 2017
- Outstanding Bachelor Thesis of Tianjin University (Top 10% got the awards), 2017